Subject: Re: HOST_PROG ?
To: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/14/1997 12:43:37
On Sat, 13 Dec 1997 15:23:24 -0800 (PST)  Bill Studenmund wrote:

> So for now, I'm going to hack up the Makefiles (my local ones :-) to use
> HOST_CC & friends. But would it make sense to add a HOST_PROG and HOST_SRC
> targets to bsd.prog.mk? I think doing such a thing successfuly is a bit
> beyond me at the moment. ;-( Though it seems a cleaner solution.

Yes, this is what is required.  There isn't that much that needs
to be done though; last time I looked at it (couple of years ago)
the main problems were /bin/sh and some games, plus of course
tn3270.

I'd expect most of the Makefiles would still work providing that
CC=$(DEST_CC) and not $(BUILD_CC).

Of course CFLAGS and friends also need to be split out ... there
should be some email in the archives too.

Giles