Subject: HOST_PROG ?
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/13/1997 15:23:24
I'm trying to set things up to cross-compile the whole NetBSD source tree.
I have the tools working, but now I'm running into problems with the code.

The main one right now is that the tn3270 code seems to want to run a lot
of tools on the compiling computer. But it wants to use the standard CC,
which is the cross cc. Bad things happen. :-(

So for now, I'm going to hack up the Makefiles (my local ones :-) to use
HOST_CC & friends. But would it make sense to add a HOST_PROG and HOST_SRC
targets to bsd.prog.mk? I think doing such a thing successfuly is a bit
beyond me at the moment. ;-( Though it seems a cleaner solution.

Take care,

Bill