Subject: Re: follow up on NetBSD's ld in a cross-compile environment
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Bill Studenmund <skippy@macro.stanford.edu>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 12/11/1997 16:10:07
On Mon, 8 Dec 1997, Bill Studenmund wrote:

> Does anyone know how to set up NetBSD's ld to work in a cross-compiled
> environment? I've got some old patches from Ian Dall, but they don't seem
> to still work. When run on an i386 targeting an m68k, they turn valid m68k
> object files into PDP-11 object files!

Turns out it was pilot error. The patches needed a little tweaking, but
the main thing was that I didn't fully follow the instructions. You must
point the include search at the includes for the target! I did that, and
now it works fine. A kernel compiled fine, and a few libraries have worked
also. The results of a make build awate at home.

Take care,

Bill