Subject: Re: Removing USR_OBJMACHINE
To: Jim Wise <jimw@numenor.turner.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@portal.ca>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 06/02/1997 16:41:36
On Sun, 1 Jun 1997, Jim Wise wrote:

> If we are going to fix this, why not go one step further, and use
>
> 	/usr/obj/i386

I've no problem with this. The only real disadvantage is that it
causes everyone using BSDOBJDIR with USR_OBJMACHINE set to have to
rename a directory if they want to keep their old build, rather
than building again from scratch. But that doesn't bother me at
all. So unless there's any serious objection, that's the route I'll
take.

Any other comments on this issue?

cjs

Curt Sampson    cjs@portal.ca	   Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc.	   Through infinite myst, software reverberates