Subject: Help with cross-compiler -- port-hp700
To: None <tech-toolchain@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Chad Mynhier <mynhier@cs.utk.edu>
List: tech-toolchain
Date: 04/08/1997 10:33:04
	I'm trying to get a cross-compiler built for the as-yet-nonexistent
hp700 port of NetBSD.  Would someone out there be willing to help me
figure out a few things with binutils?  The problems I'm having are in the
gas subdirectory.  The file gas/config/tc-hppa.c was written with SOM and
ELF in mind, and I need to make it aware of a.out.

	At least, I _think_ that's what I need to do.  Are there any plans
in the works to move NetBSD to ELF that would make it desirable to go that
route?  (If I'm demonstrating extreme ignorance, feel free to educate me.)

Many thanks,
Chad Mynhier <mynhier@cs.utk.edu>
Lab Engineer, CS Department
University of Tennessee, Knoxville