tech-smp archive

Re: Performance Monitoring Counters (PMC, PERFCTRS) and SMP?

On Sat, Oct 15, 2011 at 08:32:26PM -0700, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> I ask mostly because I'm flustered by getrusage(2) being as good as
> useless for even the most basic of benchmarking purposes...

On NetBSD the sum of the 'sys' and 'user' times is accurate.
As is the 'child cpu time' for reaped zombies.
I've used that from ps (with custom columns) to get high resolution
execution times.

        David

--
David Laight: david%l8s.co.uk@localhost