Subject: Re: Interrupts as threads
To: Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 01/14/2007 14:16:07
Andrew Doran <ad@netbsd.org> writes:
> The problem as I see it is: getting it right all at once would be a big
> effort, and I don't see that we have the resources to do it that way.

For what it is worth, I think an implementation path that allows
incremental steps that each are worthwhile (more or less what I see
you saying) is better than one that requires a massive application of
resources we don't have.

As for the particular decisions made, I have a bias towards letting
the person actually doing work have the biggest say unless they're
acting crazy, and you aren't acting crazy. You are clearly leading
this right now by doing the actual programming.

Perry