Subject: Re: SMP stability issues
To: Chris Rendle-Short <jim@tty1.rr.nu>
From: SODA Noriyuki <soda@sra.co.jp>
List: tech-smp
Date: 11/10/2006 19:22:40
      Chris Rendle-Short <jim@tty1.rr.nu> said:

> I first installed from 3.0.1, and have recently upgraded to 3.1 by
> following netbsd-3. The stability problem has occurred in both 3.0.1
> and 3.1

Have you tried some hardware diag tool like memtest86+?

We recently had a stability issue, and we didn't think it as a
hardware problem, since the machine had worked fine until we
replaced its kernel. (The machine also did run memtest86+ fine,
when it was bought).
But actually it was a hardware issue in our case.  When we tried
memtest86+ finally, lots of RAM problems were detected.

FWIW, 3.x kernel run fine with GENERIC.MPACPI configuration
on my Athlon 64 X2.
--
soda