Subject: Re: Problems with a dual Dell SC1420
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Eric Haszlakiewicz <erh@jodi.nimenees.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 12/14/2004 15:57:15
On Tue, Dec 14, 2004 at 02:18:21PM -0500, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> Your time would probably be better spent making MPACPI and the various
> ACPI_XYZ_FIXUP options work on this machine than trying to get the MPBIOS
> code working. :-/

	I tried both.  MPBIOS and MPACPI.  Neither one seemed to do much different.
With MPBIOS I get an extra "ioapic0: int0 attached to ExtINT ..." and
"local apic: int0 attached to ExtINT ..." but otherwise it looks about
the same.
	"various" ACPI_*_FIXUP?  What else is there besides PCI?  I tried with
ACPI_PCI_FIXUP on and off, didn't help.

> Of course you could always run NetBSD under Xen ;-) ;-) ;-)
	I tried that.  It didn't work: the keyboard only responded sporradically
and garbage got written to the boot disk. :(

eric