Subject: Re: netbsd-2-0/200403310000/sparc GENERIC.MP
To: None <tech-smp@NetBSD.org>
From: Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.de>
List: tech-smp
Date: 04/11/2004 08:51:11
In article <20040411010256.2D27E6620@void.crufty.net>,
	"Simon J. Gerraty" <sjg@crufty.net> writes:
> Starting file system checks:
> /dev/rsd0f: BAD SUPER BLOCK: VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE IN FIRST ALTERNATE
>
> /dev/rsd0f: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck_ffs MANUALLY.
> ffs: /dev/rsd0a (/altroot): EXITED WITH SIGNAL 11
> /dev/rsd0g: BAD SUPER BLOCK: VALUES IN SUPER BLOCK DISAGREE WITH THOSE IN FIRST ALTERNATE
>
> /dev/rsd0g: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck_ffs MANUALLY.
> THE FOLLOWING FILE SYSTEMS HAD AN UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY:
>         ffs: /dev/rsd0f (/var), ffs: /dev/rsd0a (/altroot), ffs: /dev/rsd0g (/l0)
> Automatic file system check failed; help!
> Apr 11 00:44:51 init: /bin/sh on /etc/rc terminated abnormally, going to single user mode
> Enter pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:
>
> If I reboot off sd0 (1.6.2), it says the filesystems are fine.

From "src/UPDATING":

20040109:
        Compatibility for old ffs superblock layouts has been
        added, and the restrictive fsck checks have been reenabled
        when using those layouts.  If you have been using -current
        since 20030402, you may find that fsck again signals fatal
        superblock mismatches.  To repair, make sure you have
        an updated fsck_ffs and then you can use fsck_ffs -b 16 -c 4
        to complete the filesystem upgrade.  A message has
        been added to the kernel which should detect this problem.
        See the following discussion for more information:
        http://mail-index.NetBSD.org/current-users/2004/01/11/0022.html

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                  http://scheler.de/~matthias/