Subject: Re: dual pentium pro
To: Allen Briggs <briggs@wasabisystems.com>
From: Paul Kranenburg <pk@cs.few.eur.nl>
List: tech-smp
Date: 09/26/2003 18:36:23
> Do you have an MP BIOS option to twiddle?  I seem to recall that
> the BIOS on older motherboards defaulted to a uniprocessor state.

> Some Compaq system need to have a settings in BIOS to enable / disable MP.
> Did you look at this ?

There aren't many knobs to twiddle on this machine's bios. However,
when turned on the bios produces these messages:

	Processor slot  9, processor 1 initialized at 200MHz
	Processor slot  9, processor 2 initialized at 200MHz

This seems evidence to me that the bios at least knows about the existence
of the two CPUs; I don't whether that information is passed on to the OS
(I also don't know how the OS should interact with the bios to get the
information it needs).

-pk