Subject: Re: SMP & native threads...
To: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 06/11/2003 12:07:44
On Wed, Jun 11, 2003 at 11:06:14AM -0700, Jason Thorpe wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 11, 2003, at 11:03  AM, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
>
> >What about the very basics of this problem?  Has the cause actually
> >been
> >determined?
>
> Yes, the problem is understood ... the SA framework lacks the
> infrastructure to track multiple physical processors at the moment.

So two questions:
1.  Is it possible to add a scheduler hack to only allow threaded
apps to use one CPU?  E.g. anything doing SA will be forced to cpu0, while
regular processes can use any.

2.  Can we disable the internal pthreads lib and use pth from pkgsrc on
an MP system?  That way at least the box will not wedge and people can
use the MP support.

-Andrew