Subject: Re: SIGWINCH->systat
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Brett Lymn <blymn@baesystems.com.au>
List: tech-smp
Date: 02/11/2003 10:56:57
On Mon, Feb 10, 2003 at 05:38:05PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> 1. well, ioctl(1, is not great. Unfortunatelly there is no method
>    to get the output file pointer, although it is being passed in
>    in newterm(). Maybe such a method should be added?

Sure, we can do that though, iirc there is no defined interface for
retrieving the output file pointer so we will have a(nother)
non-standard extension.

> 2. libcurses seems to do SIGWINCH and SIGTSTP frobbing in tstp.c,
>    why doesn't it work.

Hmmmm I wonder why libcurses is grabbing SIGWINCH - that sounds rude.
Just looking at the patch, you will need to force a full screen
repaint and refresh once the resizeterm is done because the resizing
process nukes the old internal curses screen contents.

--
Brett Lymn