Subject: Re: SMP doesn?t work the way i want.
To: None <martin@duskware.de>
From: Patrik Hansson <padde@beta.telenordia.se>
List: tech-smp
Date: 02/07/2003 19:31:51
Den 7 Feb 2003 skrev Martin Husemann:

> On Fri, Feb 07, 2003 at 05:01:18PM +0100, Patrik Hansson wrote:
>=20
> > Ok, didn?t quite understand what you ment with the 80..wide thing.
>=20
> If you run "systat vmstat" in a terminal that is 80 columns wide, it will
> shortcut the event counter names, so you will *not* see cpu0/cpu1 in ther=
e.
>=20
> If you use a wider xterm (> 82 worked for me), it will show them.
>=20
> That's why my first try to see cpu numbers in the output failed, and mayb=
e it's
> the reason you are not seeing it either.
>=20
> The "vmstat -i" should have it anyway (if it works, which it doesn't righ=
t now
> for me).
>=20
> Martin

Ah, now we are talking :
crywolf@router [~] vmstat -i
interrupt                                     total     rate
cpu0 softclock                               371262      100
cpu0 softnet                                    313        0
cpu0 softserial                                   1        0
cpu0 timer                                   371984      100
cpu0 FPU flush IPI                               46        0
cpu0 FPU synch IPI                              574        0
cpu0 TLB shootdown IPI                       691429      186
cpu1 timer                                   369729       99
cpu1 timeset IPI                               3699        1
cpu1 FPU flush IPI                               71        0
cpu1 FPU synch IPI                              606        0
cpu1 TLB shootdown IPI                      1378326      372
ioapic0 pin 1                                 11135        3
ioapic0 pin 14                                42825       11
ioapic0 pin 15                                   17        0
ioapic0 pin 19                                   39        0
ioapic0 pin 17                                  495        0
Total                                       3242551      876

Is it normal that cpu1 has fewer "things" than cpu0 ?
Can i make the console bigger then 80x50 ? I have no mouse support right no=
w (something with my com-ports is wrong) so it=B4s hard (at least I don=B4t=
 know how) to use X.