Subject: NetBSD 1.6 & i386 SMP, ACPI, mly
To: i386 Port , SMP <>
From: Conrad T. Pino <>
List: tech-smp
Date: 01/14/2003 18:47:07

On 2002-10-01 the i386 SMP branch was merged with -current.

I have a dual CPU Intel N440BX motherboard (has ACPI) with a Mylex
AcceleRAID 250 connected disk array.  I need stable, secure, non-stop
operation.  I know, who doesn't want it all and NOW?

Is -current production ready or should I wait for next release with
SMP support and use Solaris 8 Intel until then?

There's slack in the implementation schedule and the I have the box
available for testing for a 2-3 weeks.  Is there any value in making
this system available to the community for testing/debug use?