Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6I-MP only sees one cpu
To: Greywolf <>
From: Sean J. Schluntz <>
List: tech-smp
Date: 10/07/2002 20:51:15
Thanks to those who responded (all with the same question :)

># I have a system running 1.6I from current-allsrc sup'd down a
># day ago. The system comes up just fine now, with one exception.
># It only sees one of the two CPU's.  The system is a Compaq Proliant
># PPro200x2.  When it comes up I see:
>#   NetBSD 1.6I (belldandy) #3: Mon Oct  7 17:38:41 PDT 2002
>#       root@belldandy:/usr/src/sys/arch/i386/compile/belldandy
>Can I ask the obvious question regarding the line
>being uncommented in that particular config?

Yes, my config (you can see it at is a merge of GENERIC and
GENERIC.MP which has been tailored for my system.  Both a compile
of GENERIC.MP and of my stripped version find only one CPU (reported
with the uniprocessor line).

You can see the dmesg from belldandy at and the dmesg from

Thanks for the help!