Subject: Re: Multi-processor SS20 question
To: Peter Hufnagel <CaptnZilog@aol.com>
From: Ken Seefried <ken@seefried.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 08/31/2002 00:13:28
Peter Hufnagel writes:

>>> For NetBSD, or SPARC systems in general.  mbus.sunhelp.org claims you
>>> can mix different speeds, provided the cache controllers have the same
>>> major rev, and you don't cook too much with the extra heater, etc.
>>
>>SPARC systems in general.
>
> We had a Sparc20 at work that had (I believe) a SM71 and a Ross
> Hypersparc 125Mhz in it, and it worked fine under Solaris.

Didn't we have this discussion a month or so ago?

As I recall, the conclusion was that you can put all sorts of bizarre
combinations of processors in the SS20 (I had one that ran Solaris in
production for a couple of years with a dual 100 Ross & an SM71).  However,
if you have a problem, don't ask for help.  It's a completely unsupported
config, with far too many strange possibilities to debug.

A google search should turn up the thread.

Ken