Subject: A tag to check out i386 1.6 + MP
To: None <tech-smp@netbsd.org>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 07/12/2002 22:33:06
Since the question on how to check out the i386 MP code often
comes up, I thought I'd add a CVS tag so that a stable system
consisting of the 1.6 branch code and the i386 MP code can
be checked out easily.

To get NetBSD 1.6 (BETA* or RC*) with i386 MP:

	* check out syssrc using -r netbsd-1-6
	* cd syssrc/sys/arch/i386
	* cvs update using -r i386mp_plus16_stable

Please note that this is just something I added as a convenience,
the i386MP code is not part of NetBSD 1.6, and this tag is
'not officially supported', i.e. not guaranteed to create
a compilable tree in the future (though it'll probably work
for a while unless major changes occur on the 1.6 branch).

But, since this will give you the codebase that, for example,
the NetBSD crossbuild machine (dual Athlon with 2G of mem)
has been running for a month now, with a constant load of
4.5 or higher, I thought it might be a good service to
people to add it.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                                    fvdl@wasabisystems.com