Subject: Re: Anyone building latest 1.6 SMP?
To: John Klos <john@sixgirls.org>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 07/03/2002 08:58:10
On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 03:35:40AM -0400, John Klos wrote:

 > Is -current sufficiently different now than release-1-6 that SMP won't
 > work anymore? I cannot run -current since I need release for 1.6 package
 > building; I thought that doing bulk package builds would be a great way to
 > test the stability of SMP.

I think it's probably worth mentioning that:

	* tgm.netbsd.org -- the machine that is doing the automatic
	  rougly-daily builds of the NetBSD 1.6 release branch, is
	  a dual-Athlon machine.  Since its last kernel upgrade (to
	  fix an interrupt-related problem), it has been running for
	  23 days doing constant source tree builds of multiple
	  platforms, with a constant load average of about 4.5.

	  The results of tgm's work, BTW, can be seen at:

		http://releng.netbsd.org/ab/arch.html

	* ftp.netbsd.org is in the process of being upgraded, and
	  3 days ago was temporarily moved to a dual-Athlon machine
	  while the new permanent machine is being built.

Both machines are Tyan "Guinness" boards with 2 1.5GHz Athlons and
the AMD 762 chipset (and dual on-board 3Com 3c980 10/100 Ethernet!).