Subject: Re: Different speed CPUs show up as same speed
To: None <tech-smp@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: tech-smp
Date: 06/11/2002 10:32:48
On 11.06.02, 15:54:55, Brett Lymn wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2002 at 12:57:36AM -0400, John Klos wrote:
> >
> > So the issue is a little bug - the code that reports the speed of the
> > second CPU does not actually report the speed of the second CPU. Anyone
> > feel like checking this out?
> >

> Wow - differing CPU clock speeds.  In most MP setups I know about that
> would result in a lock up at some point in the future.

I'm surprised this boots at all. I thought both CPUs at least had to
have exactly the same core. (identical "stepping".)

My impression was that the "symmetric" in _S_MP implied (among other
things), that all CPUs were equal.

Seems that some can be more equal than others.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - the cure.
		-- Julian Assange