Subject: Re: which CVS TAGS..
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: bru217 <bru217@yahoo.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 05/31/2002 17:13:24
--- "Perry E. Metzger" <perry@wasabisystems.com> wrote:

> bru217 <bru217@yahoo.com> writes:
> > Would you recommend using NetBSD SMP in production (i386)?
>
> The NetBSD autobuild server uses it, and I know of other people
> using it in production, but it is certainly not something for the >
> faint
> of
> heart. It is best used right now if you've got good technical
> people
> involved.

I'm pretty much by myself here, other guys don't use BSD, but I can
handle it. Of course, management wanted to use RedHat and I don't. So
as things like this go, I have one day (Monday) to build a box and
install all needed apps on it and prove that everything works fine. I
haven't used NetBSD in a while, so I wanted to see what it takes to
get SMP going since I don't have much time to play with it. My other
choice is FreeBSD, but I'd rather use Net.

> There should be some changes made to the code very soon that will
> allow it to be pulled up to -current from the branch -- perhaps as
> soon as next week (though such estimates are always overly
> optimistic).

Is there a way to pull it now? What would be the best way? Once I get
this going I will most likely even have a test box to play with so I
can mess things up, but Monday is pretty critical.

-bruno

http://www.wasabisystems.com/