Subject: Re: clcs audio driver (was "re: MP kernel still dead on-arrival)
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
List: tech-smp
Date: 03/03/2002 23:00:27
	This is to add my two cents to the frey.  I'm using the clcs driver on my
desktop to drive the on-mother-board sound card under NetBSD 1.5R.  Every
once in a while, it also blows the autoconfig, and, recently, it began
sounding like that 78 scratchy record.  I use it 24x7 and it's been two
months since I rebooted the machine, and the funny sound started happening
after 50 days of continuous use.  I haven't yet rebooted to see if that
fixes the problem, and I have no idea what brought it about.  I just
happened to notice it sounded funny one day.  It almost sounds like some
built-in effect inadvertently got turned on in the chip.  Fiddling with
audioctl and mixerctl had no effect on the sound, and it remains scratchy.
I'll report whether or not a reboot fixes the trouble in the next week or
so.
-Brian