Subject: Re: success with dual Athlon
To: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
From: Matthias Drochner <M.Drochner@fz-juelich.de>
List: tech-smp
Date: 01/16/2002 12:41:51
fvdl@wasabisystems.com said:
> You must set the 'PCI intr mappings in MP table' in the BIOS setup. If
> this option isn't present, upgrade your BIOS

Thanks - the option was already present, but I upgraded anyway.
Now the MP mapping works as expected. If one takes the PCI spec
literally, it is strange that the BIOS still writes ISA interrupt
numbers into the config space interrupt line registers, but this
is necessary for combatibility obviously...

> > lptprobe: mask ff data 55 failed
> ..and this one may also be fixed by a BIOS upgrade.

No, this is still present.

btw, I can hang the box solidely with IDE accesses to CD.
Anybody else seen this?

best regards
Matthias