Subject: Re: MP kernel still dead-on-arrival
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Rafal Boni <rafal@mediaone.net>
List: tech-smp
Date: 11/26/2001 23:06:08
In message <87vgfxh10n.fsf@snark.piermont.com>, you write:

[...Mark's comments re: clcs lossage...]

-> I have all sorts of ugly problems with the clcs on a *non* MP kernel,
-> on my IBM T20 laptop. Often the driver spews uncontrollably during
-> autoconfig, preventing the system from booting, and I have occasional
-> problems with noise being introduced into sound play which booting
-> under windows and rebooting with NetBSD fixes. All of these point to
-> failures to initialize the chip properly at various points.

I had this problem `disappear' for a long enough time that I thought it
was gone, only to reppear recently.  I've had the autoconf-time lossage
as you report, as well as lossage related to suspend/recover which end
up with similar symptoms (constant spewage from the driver, seemigly at
a fast enough clip or from a bad enough place (interrupt handler?) that
the machine locks hard).  The machine has also locked up while running
X recently (after being idle for a while, so maybe it was trying to do
a suspend), which I'm also tempted to blame on the clcs.

<AOL> My problems were also on the T20. </AOL>

--rafal

----
Rafal Boni                                                  rafal@mediaone.net