Subject: Re: Last sync with -current
To: Markus W Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
From: Mark White <mjw@celos.net>
List: tech-smp
Date: 10/29/2001 15:31:17
Markus W Kilbinger writes:

>     >> Ok. Based on a CVS checkout from last Friday, and an update to
>     >> sommerfeld_i386mp_1 this morning, it gets almost to the end of
>     >> the kernel build then dies on the final link with undefined
>     >> references to 'cpu_info_primary' and 'cpu_info_list' in many of

Just to keep the record straight, actually this problem
didn't go away; it was just hiding... :-(  It looks like
cpu.c is getting left on the shelf somewhere along the line?

>     >> the i386 object files.
>     >> Using either egcs-1.1.2 or gcc-2.95.2 packages for the assembler
>
> Guess you should use the new toolchain (gcc 2.95.3) instead of these
> older compilers?

Well, ok; presumably the only way to do that just now is a
'make build', however?  I don't think any of the i386
snapshots use the new toolchain yet?

> I did a complete sommerfeld_i386mp_1 rebuilt on my machine without any
> problems yesterday...

Hmm.  So likely the problems I'm having are from the
existing system (1.5.2 recently upgraded with latest 1.5X
snapshot, rather than a recent -current build)?  Perhaps I
should do a make build with -current first, then return to
the sommerfeld_i386mp_1 kernel afterwards.

> ... or send me your kernel config, so I can try building it.

That's be good if you have time; it's at

    http://www.celos.net/files/ANDUIN

Cheers
Mark <><