Subject: Re: current smp support on pentium
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 10/20/2001 01:48:36
On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 11:13:01PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
[...]
> pci_intr_map: no MP mapping found

You either should get a BIOS upgrade or enable the "PCI pins in MP table"
(or somesuch) setting in the setup, to get rid of that one. I sent
a bugreport about that one when I had the eval version of this board,
and they fixed it afterwards.

> ioapic0: WARNING: sharing interrupt between different IPLs (currently broken)
> ioapic0: pin 11, ipls 70..80

..and that the biggest reason the i386 SMP code has not been
integrated yet, this can cause serious trouble. But you may be lucky
and not see any problems at all, for example, in this case it's ohci0
and ex0 sharing an irq, and you're probably not using the former,
so you won't have problems.

- Frank

--
Frank van der Linden                           fvdl@wasabisystems.com