Subject: Re: SMP support for i386 Dell PowerEdge 300SC (Intel 440BX)?
To: None <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: tech-smp
Date: 07/22/2001 16:22:50
In article <>,
	Ronald van der Pol <> writes:
> Will sommerfeld_i386mp_1 support a dual processor (2x PIII 850MHz/256kB)
> Dell PowerEdge 300SC with Intel 440BX AGPset chipset?

BX mainboards will probably work best because the SMP code was developed
on a Dual Celeron system with such a mainboard.

> What is the current stability of the code?

It's supposed to work somewhat reliable. However, you need NetBSD-current
from some special time in the past to get it working with things like
USB. But this old NetBSD-current might have bugs e.g. in UVM/UBC which
are fixed in the meantime.

If you are intending to use this system in production I would suggest
that you get a fast Athlon or Pentium IV system instead.

> Is there some kind of roadmap?

AFAIK only a todo list.

	Kind regards

Matthias Scheler