Subject: problem with -current and sommerfeld_i386mp_1
To: None <tech-smp@netbsd.org>
From: jonathan <jonathan@littlepeople.net>
List: tech-smp
Date: 07/13/2001 13:39:58
hello all,

  I have a tyan 1836dluan motherboard that I'm trying to get up and
running w/ the smp netbsd.

  I have the latest -current syssrc, and when i cd to arch/i386 and do
cvs update -rsommerfeld_i386mp_1
  it reports that it is updating things, and I can config my config file,
but when I try to build, it goes all the way through building and when
it tries to link them all together, this happens:

ld -Ttext c0100000 -e start -T ../../../../arch/i386/conf/kern.ldscript \
-X -o netbsd ${SYSTEM_OBJ} vers.o
locore.o(.text+0x97): undefined reference to `cpu_info_primary'
locore.o(.text+0x16a): undefined reference to `cpu_info_primary'
locore.o: In function `kcopy':
locore.o(.text+0x370): undefined reference to `cpu_info'
locore.o(.text+0x3b4): undefined reference to `cpu_info'
locore.o(.text+0x3ee): undefined reference to `cpu_info'

and there are a great many more of roughly the same error message, and
I'm not sure where to start to get rid of them.

any help would be appreciated!

jonathan

here is a list of files that have these error messages:

locore.o
init_main.o    undefined reference to `cpu_boot_secondary_processors
kern_clock.o
kern_kthread.o
kern_sysctl.o    undefined reference to `cpu_info_list'
kern_time.o
subr_pool.o
subr_prf.o
tty.o