Subject: Re: Cluster of Sparcstation2's
To: Joel Baker <jjb41@cam.ac.uk>
From: None <dokas@localhost.cs.umn.edu>
List: tech-smp
Date: 03/18/2001 22:40:29
On Fri, Mar 16, 2001 at 04:48:21AM -0000, Joel Baker wrote:

> Latest update - I've installed pvm3 and I'm working my way through the docs
> and examples trying to get my head around what is actually going on. Though
> I've confident with NetBSD and UNIX in general, parallel processing is a new
> field and it's taking me some time to get up to speed.
>
> Thanks for all the help so far :D
>
> Joel.

You might find some of the following books to be useful in learning to
write parallel programs:

  Introduction to Parallel Computing, by Vipin Kumar, et al
  Benjamin/Cummings
  ISBN 0-8053-3170-0

  Using MPI, by William Gropp, et al
  MIT Press

and

  PVM Parallel Virtual Machine, by Al Geist, et al
  MIT Press
  ftp://netlib2.cs.utk.edu/pvm3/book/pvm-book.ps

You'll also find a *LOT* of information about parallel programming here

  http://www.netlib.org/

Including entire sections, with example code, on MPI and PVM:

  http://www.netlib.org/mpi
  http://www.netlib.org/pvm3

Paul