Subject: Re: Building an i386 smp kernel from -current
To: Christian <clalor@globalcenter.net>
From: Bill Sommerfeld <sommerfeld@orchard.arlington.ma.us>
List: tech-smp
Date: 10/31/2000 21:33:31
> I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction to
> build an SMP kernel for i386 from CVS. I noticed that the *.MP configs are
> now deprecated (in the CVS attic)

I'm afraid you misunderstand. i386 SMP support remains on a branch.
CVS puts files which haven't yet appeared in mainline in the attic,
just like files which have been deprecated.

> and was wondering if all I needed was the devices and options from
> the old GENERIC.MP or if there are other files for SMP that have
> also been moved out of the -current branch. Any assistance would be
> greatly appreciated.

http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-smp/2000/08/24/0000.html

Note that the "sommerfeld_i386_mp_1" branch is slightly out of date
with respect to -current; you may want to backrev to a slightly older
-current using cvs -D before doing the cvs update -rsommerfeld_i386_mp_1
in sys/arch/i386

					- Bill