Subject: uvm_fault with make.
To: None <tech-smp@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 09/12/2000 23:38:27
Hello,

For the last several days (cvs updated each day) I have been seeing a panic
like this:
uvm_fault(0xc0298b20, 0xc069b000, 0, 1) -> 5
kernel: page fault trap, code=0
Stopped in make at	pmap_remove_ptes+0x1cf: cmpl	%edi,	0x4(%edx)

The traceback shows:
pmap_remove_ptes
pmap_remove
uvm_unmap_remove
uvm_unmap
uvm_deallocate
exit1
sys_exit
syscall

I don't have a serial console on it right now, but I can get one hooked
up or manually copy the details if they will help.

I can't get a coredump because at around 90MB (of 128MB) it hangs. :(
This is an ABIT BP6 with 2 x 433, 128MB of ECC, 20GB Maxtor.
Doing a "make build >& make.build.out" usually can trigger this.

I'll try to collect whatever information will help diagnose this.  Just
let me know what magic to give to ddb as I am very unfamiliar with it.

-Andrew