Subject: Quad CPU SS20
To: None <tech-smp@netbsd.org>
From: Simon J. Gerraty <sjg@quick.com.au>
List: tech-smp
Date: 09/24/1999 23:40:58
I've been scrounging bits to build a multi-cpu beast so I can help
with the SMP effort.

I've been offered a quad cpu kit (4 x 125MHz Hypersparc) for my SS20.
Unfortunately the kit requires a firmware update and the eprom that
cam with the kit, is still in the machine the cpu's were recovered
from and they don't know which one it is anymore :-)

Has anyone heard of these beasts before?  When the kit arrives I'll be
able to check with the oem about getting a new eprom - assuming they
still exist.

While I suspect that tracking down another 75MHz cpu to match the one
I have would be the sensible thing to do, 4x125MHz sounds worth a bit
of effort to get it working.

--sjg