Subject: Re: SMP-i386 patches updated
To: Dave Tyson <Dave.Tyson@liverpool.ac.uk>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillhaa@ghost.whirlpool.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 07/26/1999 19:12:52
Dave Tyson writes:
> On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Andrew Gillham wrote:
>
> >Great job Stefan!  Ok, dumb question.  Do I apply just the new diffs
> >to -current, or start with the old, then add the new?  I am getting
> >an error message from patch along the lines of:
> >"overdue --- at line 1474", (I can get the exact error if I am doing
> >the right thing.. :-)
> >

> I had the same problem applying against sources supped this morning.
> In the end I manually applied the patches (cut&paste !). I think
> some of the line numbers were one out. The code is compiling as I
> write - no errors so far :-)
>
> Dave

Ok, mine did turn out to be a dumb (user) question.. :=)  I grabbed
the PR via the web server, and didn't realize immediately that it
had bastardized the source code. (&quot, &amp, etc)  I figured out
how to send 'Subject: 6928 --full' to query-pr@netbsd.org, and the
"untainted" diff worked fine.  I'm building a kernel now.

-Andrew
Andrew Gillham                            | This space left blank
gillham@whirlpool.com                     | inadvertently.