Subject: Re: SMP-i386 patches updated
To: Andrew Gillham <>
From: Dave Tyson <>
List: tech-smp
Date: 07/26/1999 21:58:22
On Mon, 26 Jul 1999, Andrew Gillham wrote:

>Stefan Grefen writes:
>> I've update the i386 SMP patches to -current (1.4H) today.
>> It still can't start up CPU's, if the BIOS didn't prime them.
>> I'm going to add this code real soon.
>> The diffs are in a comment to PR port-i386/6928.
>> What needs to be done to get this into the tree?
>> My time currently is very limited.
>Great job Stefan!  Ok, dumb question.  Do I apply just the new diffs
>to -current, or start with the old, then add the new?  I am getting
>an error message from patch along the lines of:
>"overdue --- at line 1474", (I can get the exact error if I am doing
>the right thing.. :-)

I had the same problem applying against sources supped this morning.
In the end I manually applied the patches (cut&paste !). I think
some of the line numbers were one out. The code is compiling as I
write - no errors so far :-)

Dave Tyson                      Phone: 0151-794-3731
Computing Services Dept         Fax:   0151-794-3759
The University of Liverpool     Email:
Chadwick Building               Web:
Peach Street                    Public Domain OS: see
Liverpool  L69 7ZF
United Kingdom