Subject: Re: Is this book worth getting?
To: Brett Lymn <blymn@baea.com.au>
From: Calvin Vette <cvette@borders.com>
List: tech-smp
Date: 07/14/1999 12:37:25
--------------98845369155AE0CA037D36A6

Yes it is, but you should buy it from Borders... :-)

Unix Systems for Modern Architectures (Schimmel, 1994)

It's still relevant to modern day BSD, even though it was written in 1993.
I haven't read the reviews on Amazon, but I'd definitely recommend it...

cvette@borders.com

Brett Lymn wrote:

> Folks,
>         While surfing www.amazon.com (a dangerous habit for me };-)  I
> came across this book:
>
> Unix Systems for Modern Architectures: Symmetric Multiprocessing and
> Caching for Kernel Programmers by Curt Schimmel, ISBN: 0201633388.
>
> It _sounds_ like a cool book not just for SMP on NetBSD but also for
> my work.  Has anyone got this book or know if it lives up to the
> glowing reviews given by 3 anonymous persons?  It does look like a
> legitimate professional library tax deduction item to me :-)
>
> --
> Brett Lymn, Computer Systems Administrator, British Aerospace Australia

--------------98845369155AE0CA037D36A6

Yes it is, but you should buy it from Borders... :-)
Systems for Modern Architectures (Schimmel, 1994)</a>
1993.
it...
(a dangerous habit for me };-)&nbsp; I

--------------98845369155AE0CA037D36A6--