Re: Hard link creation witout write access

On Thu, 7 Sep 2023, Martin Husemann wrote:

Maybe we could add another knob: hardlink_check_suid, which is like the
other two combined but only for binaries with one of the s bits set,
and then make that default to on.

Actually, I'm OK with the current behaviour (which matches FreeBSD's): I
expect only a few programs which hard-link to files inside sticky or setuid
dirs. to be affected like this; and they can be taught to do a rename()
instead as I did for sort(1).

-RVP