Ripple20 and NetBSD?

Hi,

I have been told by one of the local sysadmins that one of my NetBSD servers is “susceptible” to the Ripple20 vulnerability associated with the Treck TCP/IP stack.  This seems really odd to me, given that I assume there is no relation between Treck’s software and the NetBSD network stack.  However, just to be sure I’m asking if there is any connection that users should be aware of and whether it makes any sense to consider NetBSD susceptible to these vulnerabilities.

Thanks for any light you can shed on this and sorry for raising what is likely a non-issue; I’m just trying to be thorough.

Cheers,
Brook