Re: Proposal: Remove MD5 / SHA1 support from veriexec

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 15:35:57 +0930
Brett Lymn <brett.lymn%baesystems.com@localhost> wrote:

[...]
> You don't have to up the strict level on veriexec, that way it won't
> block execs but, yes, it would not be good if you cannot boot a new
> kernel.

One could still boot single user mode where veriexec happens not to
be in effect, remount / rw, alter the hashes and be done with it.

Not that I'm saying that this is necessarily a good thing, but it's
possible.

Matthias