Re: Lightweight support for instruction RNGs

I am only dimly following this, but I have two thoughts:

  I see the point that running randomness tests will not detect a
  well-engineered attack.  But it probably will detect a large class of
  implementation bugs, so it seems worth doing.

  Randomness tests on input, not normally accessible, could detect a
  further class of bugs.

I think agc's point is that all tests which are reasonably feasible
might as well be done, vs a claim that they will detect intentional
attacks.