Fwd: regarding project to"Implement file system flags to scrub data blocks before deletion "

Can I have more details about the prerequisites for this project i.e.
what should i study up on before tackling this project.
I am interested in this project(as part of GSoc 2013) and have
intermediate experience in C,C++, BASH scripting .

If possible can you also give a detailed idea of where to start for
the project idea on "Spawn support in pkgsrc tools"

Thanks and regards
Sumedha