the DARPA view of "cyber security"

For those interested in the issue, I commend this video:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyH6BrEPkZk

to your attention. It's a ~25 minute talk by Daniel Kaufman of DARPA. You can
dispense with the video - there apparently are slides associated with the talk,
but they're not shown in the video itself, however Mr. Kaufman describes them
clearly enough that you won't need to see them (though it would be good).

This has clear implications for our work on NetBSD: "simpler is more easily
audited & secured."

        Erik <fair%netbsd.org@localhost>