Re: NetBSD 5.x security

On Mon, Apr 05, 2010 at 09:58:38PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:

> >   b) System built witch MKPIE doesn't work at all, init still panics,

[...]

> I think it is missing /lib/libgcc_s.so too. This has been fixed in current.
> I think you can either compile init without PIE or copy the library there.

I try -current and, after some troubles ([1] i [2] - could developers looks
at this, please?), I got working system, even with Full RELRO [3]. :)

1 - http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2010/04/17/msg013128.html
2 - http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2010/04/18/msg013147.html
    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2010/04/19/msg013156.html
3 - http://tk-blog.blogspot.com/2009/02/relro-not-so-well-known-memory.html