Re: Keys generated by "/etc/rc.d/sshd"

On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 12:20:57PM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> For slow machines it may give worse security than sshV2, but it may still
> be a lot better than telnet. At least I've used sshV1 on a SS5 in the
> past...

1.) SSHv2 was even slower on my SPARCstation LX but it only affected
    the initial login. After the key exchange SSHv2 was perfectly
    usable.

2.) I'm not suggesting to remove support for SSHv1. I only suggest not
    to create a key for it by default. Nothing will stop you from doing
    so manually.

        Kind regards