Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys
To: Michael van Elst <mlelstv@serpens.de>
From: Darren Reed <darrenr@netbsd.org>
List: tech-security
Date: 06/24/2007 11:48:52
Michael van Elst wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 24, 2007 at 07:12:05PM +0300, Elad Efrat wrote:
> > it is
> > quite obvious that dsl@ violated the netbsd commit guidelines, and
> > appropriate action needs to be taken.
>
> They're not actually rules, they're more like guidelines.

You're absolutely right.  And I think there is a fundamental point that
needs to be understood here - the NetBSD code base is owned by
TNF and changes may be made to any part of it by anyone who has
signed a developer agreement.  Depending on the nature of the change,
it may be appropriate to discuss it with a number of other people
before committing it, but there is no rule like "every kauth change
*must* be discussed with or blessed by Elad" or "every IPFilter change
*must* be discussed with or blessed by Darren."

Now if only rules/guidelines whting only worked with speed limits and
road ;-)

Darren