Subject: Re: CVS commit: src/sys
To: Christos Zoulas <christos@astron.com>
From: Elad Efrat <e@murder.org>
List: tech-security
Date: 06/24/2007 19:05:16
Christos Zoulas wrote:
> In article <467E19E7.4000600@murder.org>, Elad Efrat  <e@murder.org> wrote:
>> Darren Reed wrote:
>>
>> since when is the 16bit group limit that horrible?? does dsl@ have long
>> term plans wrt/group handling? if so, where were they published? I don't
>> recall neither him or you taking part in the discussion about nested
>> groups we had long time ago.
>
> The 16 group limit problem has been there for a long time. Just google for it.

that's exactly what I'm saying: it's there since forever. I don't recall
anyone coming up and saying that it's so painful and kauth should be
adjusted to support more than 16 groups.

if that were the case, do you think that (1) kauth would not address it
since day 1 and (2) I would have ignored it completely for the year+
kauth has been in the tree?

and, I'm asking again: why didn't the changes in question go up for
public discussion? and assuming they would have, what do you think would
be the consensus?

-e.