Subject: Re: /etc/security and duplicate user IDs
To: Jukka Salmi <j+nbsd@2007.salmi.ch>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-security
Date: 03/22/2007 14:42:59
Well, if the reports are reporting as a security issue something you did
intentionally that's not a security issue (for you), then they're not
correct.

But this seems pretty simple to resolve. Due to the root/toor thing, we
already have special-case code to deal with a duplicate user account
(and even a comment saying how you can enable or disable it). Just
changing the script to ignore a list of "ok duplicate user IDs" pulled
from a variable in /etc/security.conf, with 1 as the default value,
would fix this in quite a nice way.

cjs
--
Curt Sampson            <cjs@cynic.net>             +81 90 7737 2974
   by those who have not got it.    --George Bernard Shaw