Subject: Re: SE Linux vs SE NetBSD !!
To: Elad Efrat <elad@netbsd.org>
From: Travis H. <solinym@gmail.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 08/25/2006 17:54:49
On 8/25/06, Elad Efrat <elad@netbsd.org> wrote:
> I'm sorry, but I think that for protecting only network daemons for
> desktop users, implementing SELinux-like stuff is too much.

Where did the desktop assumption come in?

Personally, I use Linux for my desktops, and prefer BSD for servers.

> Isn't Tresys one of the many companies that base their income on
> supporting SELinux configurations? :)

Yes, they saw a need and formed a company around it.  They subsidize
the OSS development with federal contracts.  I think that's admirable;
everyone benefits.
Unix "guru" for rent or hire -><- http://www.lightconsulting.com/~travis/
GPG fingerprint: 9D3F 395A DAC5 5CCC 9066  151D 0A6B 4098 0C55 1484