Subject: Re: Integrating securelevel and kauth(9)
To: Jonathan Stone <>
From: Peter Seebach <>
List: tech-security
Date: 03/26/2006 15:10:14
In message <>, Jonathan Stone writes:
>Peter, what's got you so riled? Let me restore both what Garret said,
>and the portoin of my repsonse which you snipped completley out of

What got me riled was someone's comment about "minimal emotional
intelligence", which I found offensive, and the omission of any
explanation of it, for the benefit of those of us (myself included)
who lack this "minimal emotional intelligence".

I didn't see anything wrong with your comment, and I just quoted the part
that was quoted in the post I was responding to.

>*In that context*, my reply to Garrett, below, was  mild and inoffensive:

I think you're probably right, but I have no idea; I am not particularly clear
on how people decide what is offensive.

My complaint was that, rather than explaining why your comment was
offensive, the person I was responding to asserted that people with minimal
emotional intelligence would just magically know.  How are we supposed to
learn this skill if no one will explain it?