Subject: Re: Hifn crypto driver: does it work for anyone?
To: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Gilles Roy <groy@qnx.com>
List: tech-security
Date: 10/16/2005 15:51:42
On Sun, Oct 16, 2005 at 03:35:08PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
> So, it seems like the RNG now works, but nothing else does.  Has anyone
> else had better luck with this driver?  I'm using two different 7955
> cards.

I've used the NetBSD hifn driver with Soekris VPN1401 (actually a hifn
7955 chip inside) and the driver worked fine under heavy loads for short
periods of time (benchmarking).

Of course, only encryption works. The driver has an off by twelve bug
when it reads the result of any hash operation (it adds 12 bytes to a
pointer before the callback, and adds twelve again inside of the
callback). I sent a patch that fixes this to the list a few months ago.

Regards,

Gilles Roy