Subject: Re: Userland crypto changes
To: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@netbsd.org>
List: tech-security
Date: 08/19/2005 14:43:18
On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 05:43:09PM +0300, Elad Efrat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to move various hashing, and probably some more crypto related
> headers to include/crypto. Of course symlinks in previous locations will
> exist.
>
> Moreover, I'd like to import some of the stuff OpenBSD has in their
> src/lib/libc/hash, especially helper.c (from FreeBSD?), and SHA2.

I'd rather see the effort spent removing the redundant crypto code
from libc and replacing it with wrappers for the libcrypto versions
where APIs differ (this would mean moving some of the underlying code
from libcrypto to libc, as well).

I really don't like having 3 versions of some of these functions in our
system.